Monday, June 22, 2009

"Hitman"

I am, without a doubt and as you all will quickly learn, a huge fan of Professional Wrestling. I grew up not really being allowed to watch it and, somehow, I always managed to sneak it into my weekend viewing schedule (WWF Metal, as I recall it being called, aired stupid early on Saturdays, before my Mum was awake to overview my watching habits). As a Canadian I grew up loving and idolizing those few Canadians who made it big and acknowledged they were from here. Bret "The Hitman" Hart was always one of those.

I was crushed by the Montreal Screwjob, cried like mad over Owen Hart's death and jumped with joy when I found a copy of Bret's autobiography on sale for 10$, tax in. Soon enough I will be writing a proper review of his book, but as of yet I have not finished it (almost there, mind you).

Today, however, I wanted to share something that was inspired by Bret Hart.
This is a poem I wrote about him:


"Hitman"
by James Snelgrove

Pink and Black
Colours of a Hart attack
Locked on his target
A Sharpshooter you won't forget
The best there is
The best there was
The best there ever will be

(Unfortunately, Blogger decided it wants to murder the formating of my poem. So, please, check it out on my DevArt page here: "Hitman" Link)

The drawing of Bret I included here was done by my good friend Brett Vinduska, and coloured by someone he knows on the lovely website DeviantArt (Boy, how I love DevArt!).

I hope you all "tune in" to catch my review of Bret Hart's book, Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling.

No comments:

Post a Comment